Been lazing around these two days, enjoying my own company.
Tuition in the morning always makes me dread waking up from beneath the covers and face being a not so responsible teacher. Being a tuition teacher, i struggle straddling between giving Glean proper exercises or trying to inject excitement by giving him not so relevant activites. Today I brought along my Childcraft encyclopedia on Your Body. Surprisingly i enjoyed teaching about cells, fingerprints, wounds and scabs (which i have absolutely no knowledge of prior to this) very much. I think i learnt more than Glean did and excited myself more in the attempt to excite him. When we touched on the topic of fingerprints and footprints and how each of them is unique, Glean asked innocently "wouldn't they run out of new designs?" awww. That's the amazing thing isn't it, how each of us is individually fashioned, even though we may think we are just a face in the crowd. Everything on this earth, from the the milky way to the smallest cell (which i learnt today is smaller than a dot you make with your pencil!), is so intricate, that there must be someone who created them all, and that someone is definitely the most creative artist / scientist.
God is good, good, good. I have been struggling with this very much recently. I need to follow the truth in His word, not just listen to my thoughts countering each other :( I'm running away, i know it. and i hate it. but i can't stop it.
Borrowed DVDs from Video Ezy today - The importance of being Earnest, Pride and Prejudice, Before Sunset. Watched Earnest this afternoon, cast includes Colin Firth (Bridget Jones guy), Rupert Everett :) i love it when he sings and plays the piano, Reese Witherspoon (whose name i always almost say Renee Zellweger). Funny little film, satirical about the properness and narrow mindedness about the British upper class. Haha and the big hooha about the name "Ernest" - exudes a sense of confidence. Hahaha makes you want to roll your eyes and laugh. I like the song that Everett and Firth sing in the film called "Lady come down", but i can't find the lyrics. It's a corny yet sweet song. Haiyah, this film ignites many paradoxical emotions haha.
Gonna watch Curse of the Golden Flower (?) tomorrow with Ham and Hiti! At Vivocity, even i promised to boycott it (with winnie!), but i'm just going there for the cinema. I allow you to too winnie haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment