I am happy exams are over. It is like this nagging feeling at the back of your mind, removed :)
I'm flying to Bangkok on friday! Coming back on sunday. Quick place your orders everybody heh. I absolutely can't wait. Plus cos it's the first family holiday! - not counting the half attendance ones and those that involve going to another country but not with a holiday agenda. Surprisingly, Michelle is going to Bangkok on thursday too! heh since we cant meet in Singapore, we shall meet there and be a pair of crazy shoppers!
After reading so much Geography readings about consumerism and the "mall", i say, it has changed some of my views. While walking through Raffles City Shopping Centre today, i felt a distaste, in fact a detest for shopping. This sounds very ironic from my previous paragraph. Maybe it's the notion of the "mall", it being a place that contains and blinds you from the realities of the world out there. Reading about how malls are all carefully planned and designed in an attempt (ploy) to keep you in, to spend, makes me feel like throwing up. I don't think i will be stepping into Orchard to shop for quite a while.
This few days, i've been feeling very blessed and thankful, for all the basic provisions i have. I really love my bed, like really think it's the best bed in the world. I really really thank God for it. A comfortable place to sink yourself in is so rejuvenating. Bathing in the dark these days, makes me think about those who bathe in the dark everyday. Oh, thank God so much! When holidays are here, with more time to spend on other things, I really pray, to spend even much more time with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment