Sunday, October 09, 2005

A time for everything

Have been really busy these days, many project deadlines coming up which means incessant project meetings which means more research to do...*pants. Sometimes I go through the motion of it, so focused on the results that I neglect the process. Projects are meant for us to gain experience and enjoy learning something new right, so why do I dread it and can't wait to get it over and done with. Thus I willingly force my brain to remind my heart to enjoy the process of doing something new and different, or I will end up wallowing in self pity and making myself more miserable.

Me, mich and ye went to the new National Library yesterday to conduct a survey on whether they preferred the old library or the new library. The results were not what I had expected, most of the people, about three quarters, actually preferred the new library! So much for sense of attachment and nostalgia, ha. But that's rather realistic, sometimes you say you will really miss something or someone, but after a while life goes on and those memories and feelings dissapear, *poof..just like that.
But I must say I'm quite impressed with the new library this time round, cos I went to the higher levels. The security is really tight which gives a good sense of security haha and the building is huge, futuristic.
After a failed attempt of trying to interview librarians, ye and I retreated to the area near the lifts where we can see the view of city hall - bugis area through the glass wall. I think we were at the 11th storey. Hmm..S'pore does have some nice scenic view after all. It overlooked old HDB flats, a few old churches, fortune centre, some shophouses..these are the more prominent ones I remember. It has a blend of the old and new, different purposes and functions and interesting architecture haha nice. Ye took a photo of this different shades of green painted old HDB flat, nice.

After church service today, I went for lunch with my church friends. 2 of them were in J1 and they just finished their promos. Talking about watching movie at their friends house. Ahh..I miss those times. Yes jin ade sy I'm talking about our times. We definitely need to have a proper movie marathon during hols, not only watching 1 vcd or starting to watch them at 12 midnight, which I'm already asleep early in the 2nd vcd haha
And gone are the days when exams ended in Oct and we can slack for 2 months! sigh. I crave for pure entertainment where I don't have the constant worry of work tagging at the back of my head.

There is a time for everything...

"A time to weep and a time to laugh
A time to mourn and a time to dance
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them
A time to embrace and a time to refrain"
-- Ecclesiastes 3:4-5

No comments: