Monday, October 27, 2008

all through the party i want to leave

today wasn't a very good day.
but some good things came out of it.

firstly, i couldn't ride the bike.

secondly, henry yeung had to traumatise all of us by giving out eight Cs and two Ds for his paper. Ds?! who ever said that lecturers would be more lenient in year four, i mean quite a handful of people did say! and quite another handful said their grades in year four were the best out of four years. im definitely not going to be in those two handfuls.

thirdly, i overslept and missed my stop. but this was good, because i enjoy walking by the apartments on a narrow path in the dark of the night.

fourthly, the dryer cheated me a total of 80 cents! ugh.
but i managed to seek help from a friendly indian girl, this made me happy cos you know how conversation starved i am in hall.
but the problem wasn't solved nonetheless, so i had to go up six floors and take my wallet which only had 10 dollar notes, to walk to a faraway machine to change 20 cent coins. can you imagine 297498753 of twenty cent coins in my wallet, i couldn't imagine nor calculate, but i was desperate anyways.
and then, the machine was empty!! how could it be how could it be.
i turned to the nearest uncle, the security guard, good thing was he was friendly, and once again the conversation starved me talked to him happily for a few minutes, with him fully empathizing my washing woes.
so happily, i trotted back to use the new dryer, which costs 1 dollar, 60 cents more than the old dryer. but i don't care man, i rather it be expensive than cheat my money and waste my time. and i opened the only one not in use, and it had clothes inside ugh ugh. i was tempted to be one of those people who put other people's clothes on top of the dryer, which i think is not very nice. but i don't care anymore! so i started to unload the person's stuff, ugh but i didn't want to touch some of the stuff i saw, so i put them back in. and left my clothes on top of the dryer to show that i choped it.
and i have to go down a few moments again to do my unfinished business in the laundry room, sulking.

- this is my favourite song, by semisonic. which would make me unsulk a lil.

All above me the stars are bright

And a sweet suburban breeze is blowing
And down the block are the parking lights
Of a hundred friends who I barely know and
Dont know me
Dont know me
None of them know me

And all through the party I want to leave
all alone with one true love
I could be happy if I could be
in the dark with one true love

And in the middle of everyone
I still find myself with my thoughts alone
And in the middle of all the noise
Look around myself at the shining toys that
I dont need
I dont need
I dont really need

And all through the party I want to leave
all alone with one true love
All of the lights are shining on me
but all I want is one true love

In this world I can see
Many billions waiting in the sun
So I'd love to believe
There'd be one of us for everyone
One of us for everyone
Enough to go around
But thats not what Ive found

No comments: