Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cake and Pie

I read this today and found it haha amusing -

You can't Expect God to Shout
Quiet is essential to effective listening. You can't jam your mind with carnal influences twelve hours a day and expect God to reveal His plans to you during a commmercial. If you're doing all the talking or you're too busy to listen, you probably won't hear what the still, small voice of the Spirit is saying. "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

haha, Isn't it funny.

I feel bad and ungrateful that I didn't buy Wei Xiong a birthday present yesterday. Because he was really nice to me during dinner. He put hai cheong kais, bun, crab claws, deer meat on my plate and helped me order barley. I felt like a baby again.

The "Love, Sex and Relationships" talk my church organised went surprisingly well today. I was a bit unsettled on the inside, even though Louis said i looked really calm. I also don't know why I always look so calm and void of emotions. Because I was in charge of program and I kept having the naggy feeling that I forgot to brief somebody about something. Thank God, because He weaved everything together in one smooth thread. Thank God, because He reminded me that He speaks through His songs, when I was worried that the songs might be a bit too christian-y and repel people. Thank God, because even though the turn out was half our faith target, every person still matters as much, and in His eyes we have not failed. Thank God, that the refreshments were gooooood, because I thought it would taste cheapo. Thank God, because I think the four working men in the committee are really funny, in a layman funny sort of way, and I laugh so hard at them sometimes.

I learnt that prayer requires action and willingness, after the praying. But I told God, what if I'm just too tired to take any action about anything at all. He hasn't replied me.

I don't like to, and don't wanna move away from my cave. atall atall atall atall atall.
what's the big deal.
Unless I can be a runaway bride now. (and wear running shoes underneath my gown like what Rachael did :)

this fickle heart of mine,
really wants to snap out of fickled-ness.

No comments: