These days in the comforts of my home (cave) has been a pleasure (torture). Ok seriously, besides the lack of social interaction and the purple walls hounding in on me, i think this is the most time i have to myself and God. Sometimes i wish these days would never end . . .
Was reading the only 'non academic' reading for TC's module this morning, three chapters of a book, "Singapore, Tourism and Me" by Pamelia Lee, LKY's sister in law. She worked in STB for many years and wrote this book on Singapore's tourism history. I'm amused by the way she writes so matter-of-factly and injects doses of pesonal experiences (humour).
"I also sneaked in a Merlion near the car porch, as I was concerned that someone would want to put it in the middle of the waterlily courtyard. I placed it at a strategic position with a lush green backdrop and steps so that visiting groups could stand in tiers to take photos."
-- Yeah she's talking about me and win-nie haha. Been there, done that, with the photographs. I now see how the anorexic Merlion was sneaked in hahaha.
"as my heritage friends often say, poverty is a friend of conservation"
-- hahahaha.
"visual anonymity increases identification with a group by increasing perceived homogenity of the group (because you cannot see how varied the group is). It creates a 'strangers on the train' experience"
-- This is from my Methods module (the most unbearable one) about internet communication. I think it sounds quite poetic.
Why am i quoting my readings. And why are TC's webcasted lectures the source of my late night entertainment.
No comments:
Post a Comment