I was falling asleep at tuition this evening. While giving him spelling and reading out the meaning, my words slurred with heavy eyelids and a subconscious state of mind, i read "ghost" instead of "great". Where did that come from! I shocked myself. And while he was constructing sentences on paper, i took short naps in front of him, at first cos i couldn't help it after that cos i had already done it. I even had short spans of dreams in between. It was really tough trying to keep awake during tuition, even though im the teacher not the student. I kept apologizing to him, which was really weird, a teacher apologizing to her student that she's genuiney tired. haha.
Glean, my other tuition kid whom i met last night, amazes me. He can yawn in the middle of reading a sentence. I never knew anybody else who could do that so often besides mr foo. Because someone told me that oxygen should be going in while you are talking, thats how if you yawned while singing the national athem, you know you are not singing. I told Glean to blog 'If i were a superhero', he wrote 'i would save everybody from danger and make every person's PSLE score to be 275+'. Whether you are 10 or 20, grades are like your world. And then i asked for a name of that superhero, within 10 seconds, he typed 'Spongebobflyingpants'. Is that cute or is that adorable :) He's a great Spongebob fan, and the only other person i know who has watched the 'FUN' episode. I was elated to go into great details with him, but we could not get far, cos i could not understand what he was saying when he tried to go into details. haha.
God stopped the rain twice for me today :)
1 comment:
oh gosh, sarah seriously can u consider going to see a sleep specialist??? how did u manage to take short napS in front of ur student n how on earth do u hav short spans of dreams in b/w???how did u do it??? i've found one og a higher level than me...
Post a Comment