Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Taking the global road

Came back from Crusade Mission Training camp on Saturday. It was indeed a refreshing and rewarding time spent. From my apathetic state on the first day till drawing a great leap closer to God on the third day, i'm more than happy to be able to hear God's voice again.
Yet coming back and plunging into the world, i know the same old temptations would tug at my weak spots and draw me away from God. Watching too much Tv, surfing too much net, repeatedly listening secular music, consuming consumerism, the oh so familiar pitfalls.
Romans 17:9 "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep doing."

But God has reminded me not to think of how weak i am to the lusts of the flesh, but think of how strong and mighty He is.
2 Corinthians 12:9" But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

2 shots of my team in colour, rather than the black and white faces --



Before being sent out to the grounds of Clementi for "Project Sent"


Right wing acting cute while the left wing just can't resist

Two days to vaccination. Fourteen days to Thailand. Nine members to bond with. Thirty days to serve God in a foreign place.
I'm a totally non confrontal, non conflict, non war person. Even though my team mates are nice people and we are working towards the same goal, one month with each other can cause us to pull each other's hair over the tiniest dumbest thing. I'm praying hard that we will fight against the evil one and not against ourselves.

No comments: