Saturday, November 18, 2006

Old times sake

The Arts canteen has officially closed for renovations for a newer, bigger partially air conditioned one bahh but i'm such a "i don't think its necessary" critic. Anyway not until yesterday evening, i didn't care much, although i did join in the frenzy of patronizing all favourite stalls before they close and open till a year later, especially my beloved duck rice stall which is not coming back, sighs but they gave me roast duck Bones instead, on Thursday. Then yesterday at 645pm me and Siangyu (HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!! :) looking forward to our you know whats =D) decided to eat at the arts canteen for "old times sake". We saw many stalls completely cleared out like empty kind of cleared, and we also saw many people taking photographs (!) gosh, these people are more sentimental than us. Siangyu said her friend wanted to take away food in the afternoon but the stall didn't have plastic boxes so the auntie said, "wo gei ni pan, pan ye na zou dou ke yi, jing tian shi zui hou yi tian" hahaha. Then i started feeling rather sentimental, looking at the old school look of the brick structure which has served the arts people for oh so long, it's really classic. Then i took out my phone, tada ~




For old times sake, Good ol' Arts canteen, here's my tribute, i will miss you.

So my sis is not planning to get married yet, after all. I finally sneaked in the burning issue of the "wedding packages" file on the computer but she confessed it's not for her own use. Well, but as Siew Yen says, they always say they are not, but si1 di3 xia4 they are haha.

I really like Coldplay presently, i love their so totally poetic and awesome songs.

The Scientist

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry,
You don't know how lovely you are,
I had to find you, tell you I need ya,
And tell you I set you apart,
Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions,
Oh lets go back to the start,
Running in circles, coming in tails,
Heads on a science apart,

Nobody said it was easy,
It's such a shame for us to part,
Nobody said it was easy,No one ever said it would be this hard,
Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures,
Pulling the puzzles apart,
Questions of science, science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart,
And tell me you love me, come back and haunt me,
Oh and I rush to the start,
Running in circles, chasing tails,
Coming back as we are

No comments: